Orthodontists do more than cosmetic work, they also improve the look of your smile and your overall oral health by straightening your teeth and aligning your bite. Crooked teeth, crowded teeth, overbites and underbites can all lead to tooth decay, gum disease, and even tooth loss. With these possibilities, finding an orthodontist near Summit, NJ that’s right for you is extremely important.
Dr. Hummert and the team at Garden State Orthodontics can help you get the perfect smile at an affordable cost. At Garden State Orthodontics, we are experienced in a wide range of orthodontic treatments to help our patients get a smile that is healthy, confident, and beautiful. Dr. Hummert can correct any dental issue using appliance technologies such as braces, trays (also called aligners), retainers, and orthodontic headgear.
A recent breakthrough in orthodontic treatment is Invisalign aligners (clear, removable braces [or aligners] that are a comfortable, and more attractive option to metal braces). Garden State Orthodontics has helped hundreds of patients near Summit, NJ, improve their smiles with Invisalign.
Furthermore, children and teens are not the only patients who can benefit from orthodontic treatment. According to the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), 1/5 orthodontic patients are adults from ages 26 to 44.
It Takes Smarts
Orthodontists complete four years of dental school and then continue their education with 2-3 years of focused study. Dr. Hummert and Garden State Orthodontics are specialists in the field of orthodontics, and they perform advanced orthodontic procedures that general dentists simply don’t have the education or experience with.
Many orthodontists promote their professional affiliations on their websites, business cards, or on their office walls. Feel free to ask the receptionist, office manager, or doctor for their certification verification. Professional orthodontists like the specialists at Garden State Orthodontics near Summit, NJ are certified by the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) and/or the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO).
If You’re Looking for an Orthodontist Near Summit, NJ, Ask Around
Inquire about their personal experiences: ask your family, coworkers, friends, and most of all your general-care dentist, your primary care physician, and your child’s pediatrician for orthodontists they recommend.
With a Few Tips Like These, You Can Make the Process a Little Bit Easier
- Do some research to learn more about orthodontics and common procedures, most noteworthy the benefits of braces and Invisalign.
- Read some reviews about the orthodontists you have found to see what other patients have said about their experiences.
- Narrow your search to three orthodontists at a time and look online for more information about each of them.
- Make a list of questions you have before you consult with an orthodontist in person and bring the list with you to make sure you cover each topic.
- Ask about the technology the orthodontist uses in their procedures.
- Do they use digital X-rays and paperless records?
- Do they offer the latest innovations in the field, including Invisalign? (Top orthodontists take the time and money to upgrade their practices to remain at the forefront of orthodontia.)
- Be sure you are comfortable with the orthodontist and the office staff. Because orthodontics work is personal treatment, the right doctor is one that you trust and with whom you feel at ease while in the office.
- Commit yourself. Orthodontic procedures take time to be successful. Active orthodontic treatments may take up to 2 years or more therefore you may also need up to 2 years of follow-up visits.
- Ask about payment plans that may be available through your orthodontist.
- Talk with the orthodontist and your insurance provider to find out if braces, Invisalign and other orthodontic procedures are included in your dental insurance plan.
In conclusion, these tips will help you get one step closer to finding the right orthodontist for you and your family. If you’re ready to begin orthodontic treatment and to learn more about specific products or procedures with Garden State Orthodontics, contact us today!
Dr. Hummert and the team at Garden State Orthodontics are experts in orthodontic treatments. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Springfield, NJ, Maplewood, NJ, Union, NJ, Summit, NJ, or 07081, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Hummert contact Garden State Orthodontics at: (973) 379-4471